Monday, May 12, 2008

Seafood Fiesta 3rd May 2008

There are 3 Golden weeks in China:
1. Chinese New Year
2. Labor Day
3. National Day holiday

It used to be a national slow down during these 3 weeks and many expats would choose to get out of China – no fight with 13 billion Chinese!

However, there is a change of policy and Labor Day is no longer a One week Long holiday for this year. So here I am decided to stay in shanghai and be a good girl to pack / unpack my belonging in my new house.

My fellow Singaporean friend, May, invited me out for a massage session and I Agree without hesitation! Nothing beats my long awaited “un-nerving” session!
We went to Tai pan and I had my luncheon meat and porkchop bun there! Yummy…
Thereafter, May suggested mini lobster for dinner and I agree immediately as I had wanted to try but no kaki! Mini lobster in Chinese 手抓小龙虾 – where they served you ONE basket of mini lobster and you use your bare hands to eat them. We also invited my other friend, Junior, to join us.

We went to this street name shou ning lu-寿宁路 where it’s a food street, where we have bun for starters. There are endless rounds of BBQ oysters /scallops/counch/mutton/banana/corn. We ordered 2 kgs of mini lobsters and another species of prawn (pale white) which I had no idea what’s the name but you can see in my photo.


Well, I enjoyed BBQ oyster more than the lobsters as I HATE to peel off the shell but thankfully I had May to service me or I think with my super slow speed of peeling.. I will only managed to eat 5 pieces.

My prize after the Seafood Fiesta – infection outburst!
Seafood is really poisonous as what our mother had told us – do not eat too much as it will activate the virus ever present in your body to multiply and attack you.
My eye swell overnight! After that I had food poisoning due to eating overnight soup and I’m basically down with Fever and endless runs to the toilet.

Morale of the story – Eat moderately and boost your immune system!(especially during Spring where virus is awake after long winter)

No comments: